HIDDEN FEES TO BE AWARE OF WHEN PURCHASING A HOMEPurchasing a home is arguably one of the biggest financial decisions you will make in your lifetime. As you start your hunt, don't forget there will
The Most Popular Zip Code In El Paso And What This Means For You
Dated: June 23 2015
More homes are being sold in El Paso this year compared to last year.
That’s the good news!
But the majority of those homes sold sit in just 4 of the 19 zip codes here in town.
We take a look at the most popular zip codes, and what it means for you!
4. 79928 – Horizon City and Surrounding Area
No question this area is just BOOMING. Once just a vast desert, Horizon City is seeing new schools, roads, and homes pop up. In fact, of the 626 homes sold between June 2014 and May of 2015, just under half (302) were brand new homes. Check out this amazing resale at 13786 Paseo Verde Dr. in Horizon: More than 2,800 square feet for just $195,000!
3. 79936 – Far East El Paso
If the constant construction off I-10 and Loop 375 wasn’t a clue, I don’t know what is! The area is in demand, with 684 homes sold in just the last year. While 79936 has been growing for years, there are now signs that there are fewer places to expand here. Of those homes sold, just 23 were new homes. If elegance is what you seek, you need to see 1351 Golden Trail Lane!
2. 79912 – West El Paso
No doubt about the Westside’s popularity. Even in an area established for nearly half a century, homes continue to be nabbed in large numbers. This area’s home sales made up for 13 percent of all homes sold last year, at a grand total of 785. Just 36 of those homes were new homes, but those numbers may change soon enough. The wheel loaders flattening out the vacant areas on either side of I-10 between Sunland Park Dr. and Executive Center are clue enough that more construction and newer homes are on the horizon.
1017 Via Descanso is just one of the reasons you should check out the westside too!
And the most popular zip code in El Paso is…..
1. 79938 – Far East El Paso and Montana Vista
All I can say is WHOA. Of all the homes sold in the last year, nearly a quarter came from here. And you guessed it: thanks to Fort Bliss and BRAC. East Fort Bliss sits caddy corner to this area. Homes are being built faster than you can count them. Of the 1,421 homes sold, 947 were brand new homes.
If you haven't seen this beautiful corner lot at 3000 Park Creek yet, it's a must!
What does this mean for you?
1. If your home is NOT in one of these four zip codes, it may take longer or may be harder to sell your home. Consult with me or your trusted REALTOR® to best price your home to sell quickly.
2. If you’re looking to sell your home in 79938 or 79928, you’re mostly competing with BRAND NEW homes. YOU probably bought yours brand new. Don’t expect to price your home like a new home.
3. For those in 79912, newer construction will soon mean more competition. If you were thinking about selling, do it now while your home is still in demand.
4. For those in 79936, your area is in demand! Listing your home now before the summer ends will greatly increase your chances of selling. Let me show you why you should list with me! Contact me at 915-412-7396 or email@example.com.
*Source - May Monthly Report from the Greater El Paso Association of REALTORS® and the GEPAR Multiple Listing Service.
Latest Blog Posts
(Manfred Rutz/Getty Images)BUY6 Reasons You Should Never Buy or Sell a Home Without an AgentBy Rachel Stults Feb 4, 2016 It’s a slow Sunday morning. You’ve just brewed your Nespresso
6 Reasons You Should Never Buy or Sell a Home Without an AgentBy Rachel StultsFeb 4, 2016It’s a slow Sunday morning. You’ve just brewed your Nespresso and popped open your laptop to